This prestigious organisation was founded by owner Warren Avis at Willow Run Airport in Detroit USA with an $85 000 investment. AVIS was one of the first Car rental operations located near an airport. Soon after, locations were opened up at MIAMI airport. Not too long after AVIS was found, Owner and Founder of AVIS sold his company to business man and Financier Richard S. Robie for 8 Million Dollars, this could mean 1 of two things, owner and founder felt like AVIS won’t make it or business was doing so good that someone, Richard, felt like business was doing so good that he had to have a piece of it.
Over the years AVIS went through a lot of transformations and new ownerships, but the car rental company stayed true to its roots, and It finally paid off in 2010 when AVIS was named the “Leading car rental company in customer loyalty” by the Brand Keys Customer Loyalty Engagement index for the 11th consecutive year. AVIS has a rich history and is going from strength to strength.
Avis Car Hire
- AVIS works with a Revenue of $8 502 million every year.
- Their operating income is an astounding 888 million Dollars
- Net come standing at astonishing 916 million Dollars
- With Total assets of 17 634 million dollars
- And a total equity of 439 million dollars
- AVIS employs a whopping 30 000 individuals.
- Ford Focus
- Chevrolet Cruz
- Toyota Prius, and many more.
Avis Car Rental Statistics
You can find them in Cape Town at:
- Airport Industria
- Cape Town International Airport
- Cape Town Down Town
- George Airport
- George Down Town
- Paarl and many more
You can Find AVIS car Rentals in Johannesburg at:
- Johanneburg Down Town
- Gautrain Centurion
- Gautrain Hatfield
- Gautrain Malboro
- Durban Downtown
- King Shaka International Airport
- Kokstad and many more.
Avis Car Hire Locations
Avis Car Hire Prices
- The Dates you would like to travel
- And valid identification.